The Virginia Quality community consists of leading child care centers, preschools, and family child care homes across the Commonwealth of Virginia.
By voluntarily joining Virginia Quality, early learning programs show their staff, families, and community that they are committed to quality for young children. There is no fee to participate in Virginia Quality.
Virginia Quality sets standards for quality and provides a path for continuous quality improvement.
The Virginia Quality Levels are a framework for program quality improvement. Each level builds on the one before it, and prepares programs for the level that comes next. Programs progress through the levels at their own pace, based on their current level of quality, and which aspects of quality they are ready to demonstrate next.
Be recognized and receive support for continuous quality improvement.
Early learning programs engaged in Virginia Quality:
- Learn about and incorporate best practices in early education and care.
- Receive recognition for existing quality work with children and families.
- Develop practical goals and strategies to guide program improvement.
- Access professional development, technical assistance, and grants linked to achieving and maintaining quality.
- Communicate to families the good work you do every day and your work to continually improve quality
Are you ready to apply to be a Virginia Quality program?
1. Review the Standards
2. Check the Eligibility Requirements
3. Complete the New Provider Request by clicking Let's Get Started
4. A Virginia Quality Coordinator will contact you with additional information